Architect/Senior Architectural Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Architects design structures such as houses, apartment complexes, shopping centers, office buildings, and factories. In addition to considering their physical appearance, they also make sure these structures will be functional, safe, economical, and suit the needs of the people who will use them.
Essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Lead and develop projects from early concept through design development.
- Reports directly to the Design Principals and works with the rest of the design team to complete project documentation.
- Prepare drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
- Design and document commercial and industrial building projects.
- Consult with clients to determine their requirements.
- Coordinates with Design Principals to produce Residential schematic design documents and assists team in producing design development documents and construction documentation.
- Coordinates and organizes consultants to produce documentation needed for city submittal and construction.
- Coordinate preliminary architectural studies for major new structures and alterations to existing structures and site development.
- Organize and manage permit documents.
- Work with teams across business lines, in remote locations, and coordinate with subcontractors.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Modify existing plans and elevations to fit client and sales needs.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (BArch or MArch) required.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Professional license from the state or municipality in which the position provides services is preferred. License is required for Architect.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and the ability to implement solutions that adhere to those codes.
- Familiarity with architectural graphic standards and terminology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as active listening skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow on multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective creative solutions.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Interpret codes, architectural drawings, manufacturer installation manuals.
- Utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Push/pull objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
Compensation and Hours:
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
$60,000 – 80,000 per year depending on experience. Compensation will be strictly based on experience and speed. Potential for bonuses.
Work Shop Colorado is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by low.
Contact Human Resources for more details or to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.