Architect / Job Captain / Designer
Hampton Architecture, located in Boulder, Colorado, is a small, fast-paced design firm that specializes in commercial interior tenant finish, commercial development, multi-family and custom residential design throughout the U.S. Our team shares a modern, clean aesthetic focus, thoughtful consideration to the environment, and attention to detail in all of our projects.
We are seeking a candidate that has the ability to contribute to the health, development and growth of Hampton Architecture. This candidate is an independent, explorative learner who is passionate about contemporary architecture. Our future team member must be highly motivated, efficient, creative, highly organized, articulate, and personable, and able to help design and produce a variety of projects. They will easily collaborate with other designers, and be able to synthesize big ideas into small details.
Our office is in an awesome location just off the Historic Pearl St. Mall. We work in a collaborative environment and provide you the ability to take a project and run with it. We support flexible schedules when project timelines allow and respect a work/ life balance. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to meeting you and have exciting opportunities ahead. Come join our team!
Pay is commensurate upon experience + 401k plan + PTO benefits + EcoPass, bonuses based on performance
Required qualifications & experience:
- Single Family Residential Design at varying levels of finish
- Tenant finish projects
- Workplace Design
- Capital improvement projects – Existing building renovations
- Commercial Construction at various scales and scope levels
General Understanding of:
- Zoning and building codes for multiple jurisdictions and project types
- Building systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing)
- Exposure to multiple building types of construction
- Impeccable architectural aesthetic design skills and presentation skills
- Experience from concept through SD, DD, CD, & CA
- High attention to detail with an equal understanding of the detail level needed at different stages of design
- Familiarity with the different constraints of multiple building types of construction
- Setting up Revit infrastructure as firm standards
- Clear Communicator – verbal and written
- Strong Organization Skills
- Confident in ability to coordinate with engineering teams
- Understand the developer mindset and strategies and goals/ values shared through a shared vision and deliverable
- Clear and confident speaker and presenter in client relationships
- Team Player with the ability to take criticism and give honest feedback
- Independent self-starter and driven to perform efficiently and at a high level.
- Cheerful, Brave, Thrifty
Please submit a resume, portfolio and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “employment” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.