SHEARS ADKINS ROCKMORE (SAR+), is a 60+ person Denver-based ﬁrm that specializes in vertically integrated mixed-use projects. We’ve worked successfully in a variety of different projectInterio types from small scale ofﬁce and restaurant interiors, to arts and athletic education buildings, boutique hotels, platinum rated ofﬁce buildings, luxury residential communities, and large-scale urban planning efforts. No matter the size, use or type, almost all our projects have complex programs and unique constraints that create innovative solutions.
We function as a studio environment that exempliﬁes our attitude towards collaboration - we are all in this together. We are not interested in titles, egos, or pride of authorship; the best idea wins, regardless of who brought it to the table. We believe that drawing is thinking and that communicating well, through models, drawings, and words, is paramount to creating successful projects.
Above all, we are a firm that is founded on working hard, being in it together, and having fun along the way. If you enjoy this type of working environment, we would love to meet you! Our office is across from Denver’s Union Station in the Lower Downtown (LoDo) neighborhood. We currently have multiple positions open for Urban Designers, Architects, BIM Managers and Interior Designers at various levels of experience.
Urban Designer, 5-10 years of experience
Preferred qualifications for this position:
- Professional degree in urban design
- 5-10 years of professional work experience as an Urban Designer
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D modeling and illustration tools, free hand drawing, and rendering
- Revit, Autocad, LandF/X, Sketchup, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other graphics programs is strongly preferred; GIS software is a plus
- Experience in mixed-use, commercial, residential, and campus typologies
- Team oriented and a willingness to be engaged in all aspects of the practice
- Generate increasingly sophisticated planning and design ideas, conducting high-level research, identifying and documenting precedents and relevant scale studies, envisioning, and developing diagrams, rendering site plans, and contributing to all manner of graphic and visual production
- Communicate design and planning concepts both graphically and verbally
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their resume and portfolio to Britt Walker in PDF form at firstname.lastname@example.org with “SAR+ JOB” identified in the subject line. We appreciate your interest in our firm!
- Health Insurance for employee
- Dental Insurance for employee
- 401K Benefits
- Additional benefits:
- 50% contribution toward RTD passes
- 15 days of PTO (20 after 5 years)
- Annual bonus
- Supplemental health insurance benefits available
- Flexible work environment
- Access to personal financial advisor
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SAR+ is an Architecture, Interior Design, and Planning firm that specializes in the design of active, connected, and vibrant places.