SHEARS ADKINS ROCKMORE (SAR+), is a 60+ person Denver-based ﬁrm that specializes in vertically integrated mixed-use projects. We’ve worked successfully in a variety of different projectInterio types from small scale ofﬁce and restaurant interiors, to arts and athletic education buildings, boutique hotels, platinum rated ofﬁce buildings, luxury residential communities, and large-scale urban planning efforts. No matter the size, use or type, almost all our projects have complex programs and unique constraints that create innovative solutions.
We function as a studio environment that exempliﬁes our attitude towards collaboration - we are all in this together. We are not interested in titles, egos, or pride of authorship; the best idea wins, regardless of who brought it to the table. We believe that drawing is thinking and that communicating well, through models, drawings, and words, is paramount to creating successful projects.
Above all, we are a firm that is founded on working hard, being in it together, and having fun along the way. If you enjoy this type of working environment, we would love to meet you! Our office is across from Denver’s Union Station in the Lower Downtown (LoDo) neighborhood. We currently have multiple positions open for Urban Designers, Architects, BIM Managers and Interior Designers at various levels of experience.
BIM Manager, 5-8 years of experience
This role is 50% human interface and 50% technology. The BIM manager will spend most of their time working directly with teams to share best practices and standards. The role will be focused on Revit in the short term, will include other technology, software and support to projects in the mid-term, and eventually should grow into a computational designer role. The individual selected must understand and have experience implementing Revit on large architecture projects and knowledge of BIM strategies, training, and standards. This position can be based anywhere in the US, but is preferred to be in Denver, Colorado.
Preferred qualifications for this position:
- Minimum of 5 years of BIM management/training/standards implementation experience.
- Working experience with Dynamo and 3rd party add-ins
- Revit experience required. Proficiency in current versions of MS Office, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Must be self-motivated to pursue both current and emerging best practices in current and new technology platforms
- Excellent written, verbal, and social skills
- Keeping teams up to speed on the latest standards and best practices
- Assist in development and implementation of BIM Standards and Libraries
- Provide advanced modeling and content creation assistance to project teams as needed
- Responsible for firm BIM standards / best practices development, implementation, and enforcement on all Revit projects and associated content
- Refine and maintain existing Revit templates and content libraries in accordance with firm standards. Develop new templates and libraries as needed
- Conduct quality control model reviews with project teams
- Knowledge of additional 3D modeling/rendering platforms and their inter-operability with Revit is a plus. Currently this includes Sketchup, Rhino, Lumion, Enscape, and Dynamo
- Coordinate and/or conduct group Revit training and presentations (basic through advanced level)
- Conduct continuing education on new Revit processes and techniques
- Interface with IT to provide technical support, resolve technical issues for individuals and teams, and support the deployment of BIM/Rendering software
- Customize software for specific firm needs
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their resume and portfolio to Britt Walker in PDF form at email@example.com with “SAR+ JOB” identified in the subject line. We appreciate your interest in our firm!
- Health Insurance for employee
- Dental Insurance for employee
- 401K Benefits
- Additional benefits:
- 50% contribution toward RTD passes
- 15 days of PTO (20 after 5 years)
- Annual bonus
- Supplemental health insurance benefits available
- Flexible work environment
- Access to personal financial advisor
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SAR+ is an Architecture, Interior Design, and Planning firm that specializes in the design of active, connected, and vibrant places.