KTGY Architecture + Planning is one of the nation’s foremost residential and mixed-use firms delivering innovation, artistry and attention to detail across multiple studios, nationwide. As place-makers, we design with care, intelligence and responsiveness. Blending client goals, design efficiency and resident experience we create thriving, memorable and sustainable neighborhoods of the future.
THE DENVER STUDIO
Collaborative and creative, the KTGY Denver office high-density and for-sale studios focus on mixed-use, infill, age focused, affordable and single-family communities. Communication and connectivity are key to designing thriving and sustainable neighborhoods. Driven to innovate and to give back we can be found hosting design charettes and supporting local charities. Join us today and positively impact the communities in which we live, work and design.
The primary role of a Designer is to coordinate the project design to assist in ensuring production effort is on time and on budget, with desired quality results. Must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under the direction of supervisor.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients and consultant team.
- Assist in technical aspects to ensure design integrity.
- Perform preliminary code analysis.
- Compile and submit projects to city planning departments.
- Attend public hearing and agency meetings if necessary.
- Redline drawings and perform progress coordination checking.
- Review and participate in project billings.
- Consistently verify accuracy of own work and the work of others.
- Assist in educating and mentoring junior staff.
- Contribute to budget and scheduling review meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to research and learn various codes and ordinances
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others
- Basic understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- AutoCad and REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- 4-year Architectural degree preferred and/or combination of required education and experience.
- Intermediate understanding of building codes, including national and state local codes.
- Specialized knowledge of various product types, code requirements, and construction practices and how to apply, detail, and specify them.
- Compensation is based upon experience and estimated range is $25/hour-$30.29/hour ($52,000-$63,000 annually)
As Part of the Team, You’ll Enjoy:
- Company paid medical, dental and vision coverage with buy-up options, basic life and AD&D upon enrollment day one
- 401k match with full vesting upon enrollment
- Professional Development Programs including continued education reimbursement and bonus’ on certain licenses
- Hybrid work schedule option flexibility
- PTO, and an Alternative Work Week option
- Wellness benefits and gym membership discounts
- Access to mental health and coaching resources
- Being part of a team that is passionate about supporting the success of our internal employees!
Your application has been successfully submitted.