Aspiring Architect / Emerging Professional
ASPIRING ARCHITECT / EMERGING PROFESSIONAL
Denver / Boulder Colorado – Full Time Employment
Arch11 is a 20-member progressive architecture practice with studios in Boulder and Denver, Colorado. We are seeking highly motivated Aspiring Architect / Emerging Professional to join our firm full time. We value collaboration and the ability to realize a strong idea through provocative, innovative solutions to a wide range of scales and building types. We are looking for exceptional candidate(s) with strong design skills who are well organized, detail-oriented, and relentlessly critical. Applicants must possess articulate technical, graphic and oral communication skills, be self-motivated and play well with others. The office size demands that candidates must be as enthusiastic about the small everyday tasks as they would be about the more nuanced and challenging design roles.
Arch11 is a firm committed to equity and inclusivity. We are focused on a culture of design and lives well lived. We strive to support the nuances of working through the current situation of COVID and take the lessons learned into the post COVID environment. We support flexibility in the work environment while navigating the completion of our exceptional work. We are competitive in compensation and benefits and maintain highly creative and engaging working environments.
To see our work, visit www.arch11.com
Arch 11 is seeking full-time unlicensed, entry level architectural design team member with 0-3 years' experience working directly in the profession. with a professional degree in architecture preferred, but not required. Previous experience in high design modern, especially craft oriented residential projects, is a benefit. Expectations in the role of an entry level designer at Arch11 are to perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard architectural techniques within small projects or selected segments of a larger project.
Will expect one to independently perform a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural design for projects of moderate size and complexity
• Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions.
• Performs assignments under direction of senior team members, with collaborative responsibility for design.
• Assist project architect in developing project documents for bidding and construction
• Provide input to the design and construction schedule - communicate the technical implications of design decisions
• Responsible for the development and coordination of the drawings and specifications including program compliance;
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution.
• 0-3+ years of architectural or building experience, preferably within high end modern residential practice.
• Beginning understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp or Rhino, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite is required
• Exceptional physical modeling skills are most welcomed.
Culture, Compensation & Benefits
In the post-Covid world we are offering flexible work conditions. While most of us work remotely, we encourage using the studios for in-person collaboration, model-making and meetings.
We offer full health coverage, matching Simple IRA and schedule flexibility predominantly during normal business hours. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work to HR@arch11.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.