Designer / Architect 3-6 Years' Experience
DESIGNER / ARCHITECT 3-6 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE:
Denver / Boulder Colorado – Full Time Employment
Arch11 is a 20-member progressive architecture practice with studios in Boulder and Denver, Colorado. We are seeking highly motivated Designer / Architect with 3-6 Years’ experience to join our firm full time. We value collaboration and the ability to realize a strong idea through provocative, innovative solutions to a wide range of scales and building types. We are looking for exceptional candidate(s) with strong design skills who are well organized, detail-oriented, and relentlessly critical. Applicants must possess articulate technical, graphic and oral communication skills, be self-motivated and play well with others. The office size demands that candidates must be as enthusiastic about the small everyday tasks as they would be about the more nuanced and challenging design roles.
Arch11 is a firm committed to equity and inclusivity. We are focused on a culture of design and lives well lived. We strive to support the nuances of working through the current situation of COVID and take the lessons learned into the post COVID environment. We support flexibility in the work environment while navigating the completion of our exceptional work. We are competitive in compensation and benefits and maintain highly creative and engaging working environments.
To see our work, visit www.arch11.com
Arch 11 is seeking a full-time time designer on the path to licensure or registered architect with three to six years of experience. Candidate will work collaboratively under direction of senior Project Managers and Project Architects. Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, confidence and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors and Arch11 project team with a proven ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through contract administration
We are looking for self-motivated individuals capable of team collaboration. We are looking for someone capable of working through and stretching the convention of design and detailing for projects of moderate size and complexity. Candidates should be generalists capable of design analysis, planning and occupancy studies and design responses. Additionally skills in the following are a must:
• Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
• Performs assignments under direction of senior team members, with collaborative responsibility for design
• Assist project architect in developing project documents for bidding and construction
• Provide input to the design and construction schedule - communicate the technical implications of design decisions
• Responsible for the development and coordination of the drawings and specifications including program compliance;
• Code and agency compliance; schedule commitments; product research
• Organize and direct the architectural and/or engineering team to execute the work in an orderly, timely, and coordinated manner
• Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project
• Ability to provide elegant and efficient design solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work under indirect supervision
• Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
• Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
• Technically creative and open-minded
• Knowledge and interests in sustainable building practices
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited institution
• 3+ years of architectural experience preferably within high end modern residential
• Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design), and Microsoft Office suite is required
• LEED AP is preferred
• Passive Haus certification and experience most welcome.
Culture, Compensation & Benefits
In the post-Covid world we are offering flexible work conditions. While most of us work remotely, we encourage using the studios for in-person collaboration, model-making and meetings.
We offer full health coverage, matching Simple IRA and schedule flexibility predominantly during normal business hours. Salary is commensurate with experience. Application Requirements:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work to HR@arch11.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.