SHM Architects is seeking an experienced Project Manager who is individually driven and engaged to make a difference at work and within the community. The ideal candidate will be skilled in the management of multiple architectural projects from design development through completion with Construction Administration. Our Project Managers lead each project and coordinates with other staff members, contractors, and consultants with guidance from the principal architect and studio lead. In addition to these qualifications, we expect members of our team to be deeply committed to enriching lives by enhancing the beauty of our environment. While we are relaxed in our approach, our values drive us to explore new ways of solving complex design problems, at both the conceptual level and in the technical realm, crafting projects that last for generations.
- Professionally Accredited BArch or MArch Degree - required
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience, preferably in residential, multi-family and light commercial design
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Sketch-up
- Able to lead a team and manage consultants
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Proficient with technical detailing
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction
- Responsible for keeping projects on schedule and within budgeted hours consistently
- Responsible for identifying services outside of scope
- Creates agendas and lead meetings and maintains meeting notes and field notes
- Develops and documents projects throughout the design process
- Provides detailed sets of Construction Documents and performs construction phase services
HOW TO APPLY
As part of our recruitment process, we require applicants to complete a work-style survey for all positions within our firm. This is not a personality test – it is just a tool to help us understand your personal work-style that makes you feel most successful.
If you are a talented professional who has an interest in becoming part of our SHM Team, we invite you to do the following:
- Send a resume and a digital sample of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the culture index survey at the following link: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/2BJ/6ec648ab-012d-4a4d-994f-094f40e496be?type=candidateba (If not automatically directed, copy/paste in browser to access link).
While we would love to visit with everyone personally, we simply cannot without compromising the valuable time we spend with clients. Therefore, direct calls to the firm and walk-ins are strongly discouraged.
SHM Architects, PLLC is a Dallas, Texas based boutique Architecture and Interior Design studio. We are passionate lifestyle curators who firmly believe time and heartfelt principles lead to beautiful, bespoke solutions. Our process is rooted in an obsession with the craft, and results in personalized, luxurious designs that are always aspirational. This philosophy has inspired a body of award-winning work in a variety of styles in locations across North America. We balance our passion for design with a humble approach toward our clients and a family atmosphere in the office.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website: http://www.shmarchitects.com
- Competitive wages
- Company paid health insurance for employees
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Company contribution to 401K Safe Harbor after 6 months of employment
- Continuing Education / Licensure Assistance
- Great location with quick access to US-75 and within walking distance of some of the city’s best restaurants
- Paid garage parking
- Other Incentives / Benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.