MULTIPLE POSITIONS: ENTRY LEVEL, PROJECT ARCHITECT, PROJECT MANAGER
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BFAD is offering an environment of increased responsibility and opportunity to accelerate your career. We offer competitive salaries, as well as, accept and encourage a flexible work environment. BFAD is seeking creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence and thrive in a small work environment.
Architect-In-Training – 0-4 Years Experience
Project Architect – 5-10 Years Experience
Project Manager – 10+ Years Experience
Desired Skills and Expertise: (items below may not apply to Entry Level positions)
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- Professional experience having worked in all phases of project delivery.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of staff, clients, consultants, authorities, and vendors.
- Enthusiastic commitment to project research, a multidisciplinary design process, and a team-focused environment.
- Ability to adopt new skills and responsibilities, identify and focus on critical tasks, and contribute on all phases of project work.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, construction techniques and costs.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of the design philosophies and development strategies for core and shell office projects.
- Proficiency in Revit is required.
- Knowledge of the Mac operating system will be beneficial but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify project schedules and courses of action for entitlement, design, and documentation
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Collaborate on project design, prepare presentations, and execute design documentation
- Direct meetings and presentations as appropriate
- Conduct a thorough and proactive coordination process with consultants
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
- Improve the quality and value of project design and documentation
- Deliberately and positively mentor junior staff
BFAD offers opportunities to work on challenging and exciting projects, competitive salaries, wellness, retirement, and other work/life plans. We are excited to offer multiple opportunities to join our collaborative design practice and build a strong and thriving career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.