Project Medical Planner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Medical Planner’s role is to implement the design concepts that are developed by the design team and the Owner.
- Collaborate with client and project design team to develop building and spatial concepts and functional and space program of healthcare projects.
- Participate in making decisions regarding planning and design concepts, including application of life-safety and building codes.
- Coordinate concepts with engineering and contractors’ design of systems for healthcare facilities.
- Develop and draw plans by hand and with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Use Building Information Modeling (BIM) software to build models containing planning, design, and technical information.
- Assist in documenting and maintaining project square footage within approved program.
- Use Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop to coordinate production of presentation-quality drawings reflecting planning and design recommendations and client expectations relative to the approved program and budget.
- Mentor junior staff through developed leadership skills.
- Participate in responding to client and prospective client requests for proposal, make project presentations to clients, meet with prospective clients, network, publish topical articles, and attend professional seminars.
- Continue education through seminars and participation in professional organization activities
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture.
- 7-18 years of experience.
- Experience with application of life-safety and building codes in connection with design of healthcare facilities.
- Experience with coordinating engineering contractors’ designs into healthcare project plans.
- Experience with developing and drawing plans and concepts by hand.
- Experience with developing and drawing plans using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Experience with preparing presentation-quality plans using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience applying BIM concepts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.