Architectural Support Staff
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Architectural Support Staff assists the Architectural Design team in creating high-quality construction drawings and presentations for both small and large scale residential remodeling and custom home projects. The Architectural Support Staff’s goal is to assist in the development of a design plan accordingly that aligns with the clients’ taste, vision, and budget.
HighCraft Builders provides superior remodeling, new construction, and large-scale repairs to make homes beautiful, functional, safe, and sound. We deliver a superior client experience through up-front planning, proven processes, our commitment to quality, and a genuine concern for our client's best interests.
Primary Tasks & Expectations
1. Perform site measures and create as-built drawings
2. Produce design presentations and revisions for client meetings to include 2d and 3d visualization techniques
3. Produce detailed scale drawing sets from early schematic drawings to final permitted construction documents
4. Collaborate with and provide drawing support for the other architectural staff and interior designers
5. Assist in researching site constraints and product information
6. Revise architectural plans as marked and thoroughly coordinate all sheets that are affected by any changes.
7. Participate in client, company, and team meetings as needed and directed
1. Minimum 2-year undergraduate degree in Architecture or closely related field
2. Proficiency in Revit and Photoshop
3. 1-2 years of experience in residential drafting is preferred
4. Construction experience is valued, but not required
Required Skills & Competencies
1. Strong working knowledge of Revit
2. Working knowledge of Photoshop
3. Ability to receive instruction and execute with precision, positive attitude, sense of accountability.
4. Ability to take initiative; self-motivation
5. Strong attention to detail and accuracy in the production of all drawings and documents
1. Servant’s Heart – Inspired to meet or exceed the expectations of others
2. Team Player – Works toward the success of the team over self.
3. Self-starter – Seeks to always be contributing without need for direction
4. Accountable – Takes ownership of things said and all work done
5. Proactive – Looks for potential problems and anticipates the needs of others
6. Humble – Is confident but open to learning, takes an attitude of continuous improvement
7. Strong work ethic with an eagerness to learn
8. Ability to critique own work
9. Extremely organized and detail-oriented
10. Self-motivated with strong time management skills
11. Ability to understand, evaluate, and prioritize workload while responding to changing deadlines
12. Excellent listening and questioning skills; does not interrupt or speak over others
13. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
14. Ability to respectfully and confidently navigate difficult conversations and problem resolution when necessary
15. Demonstrates professional and courteous behavior consistently
16. Able to modify own style of interaction to mirror a clients’
17. Ability to build trust and maintain it over time
18. Thrives in a fast-paced environment
1. Maintains positive customer, employee, and public relations
2. Maintains professional image; demonstrates integrity and confidentiality
3. Continually enhances personal and professional development
4. Participates in quarterly staff meetings and company functions
Benefits: Contributing to an award-winning team with Paid membership dues for Assoc. AIA or NCARB registrations, opportunity to collect AXP hours for licensure, Health Insurance benefits, Simple IRA with Company Matching, Vacation, Holiday, and Personal Pay, Training and Education Compensation, Cell Phone, Mileage Reimbursement, and Clothing Allowance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Design. Build. Remodel.