Production Specialist / Job Captain
Wheeler + Callahan is a small, progressive, fast-paced architecture practice with a studio in Boulder, Colorado. We are seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated Job Captain / Production Specialist with 2-4 years of experience to join our firm full time. We specialize in custom residential and small-scale commercial work and ask that candidates have some experience in these areas.
We highly value collaboration, sustainability, and work-life balance which is reflected in our team regularly working both in the office and remotely throughout the week. Our small office size allows for exposure to everyday tasks as well as more nuanced challenging roles and direct mentorship by the principals here. As an integral part of the team, we will rely on you to champion production and coordinate projects with our engineering consultants and contractors through all phases of design, production, and construction.
With the recent wildfires, our studio has been actively working to support the community we live and work in. We regularly work with clients and their families who have lost homes in natural disasters, and as we grow as team, our mission will continue to include sharing our empathy and expertise with those in need.
- Undergraduate degree in an architecture related field is welcome but not required
- Previous experience in an architectural or engineering firm
- Substantial recent Revit experience is required, we are currently using 2022 LT in our office. Familiarity with AutoCAD for legacy projects and engineering coordination is a plus
- Experience in custom residential architecture, ideally with new homes, additions, renovations and additional dwelling units
- Experience in commercial architecture, including tenant improvement, small multi-family and mixed-use, and hospitality
- Familiarity with building codes and zoning is encouraged
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with our team, consultants and clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Pursuit of licensure is not expected or required, should you choose that path we will do our best to support you in that endeavor
- Accreditations such as LEED and CPHC are not required but are always welcome
The estimated salary range for this position is $45,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience and based on potential employee qualifications, location, and other considerations permitted by law. This estimated salary is independent of the benefits listed below.
- Simple IRA with an employer match of up to 3% of your gross compensation
- A monthly health stipend and access to a pre-tax HSA account
- Profit sharing
- PTO - holidays, your birthday, and two weeks annually
- 2 annual paid mental health days
- Annual alternative transportation stipend
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Annual gym, yoga, or other health-related membership stipend
Please submit a resume, 2 references, and a portfolio of work (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form provided with this listing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.