Project Manager - Associate
Building One is looking for an experienced Architect or Engineer to operate in the role of Project Manager. The position involves review of a variety of aspects of building development projects during design, construction, and occupancy. The Project Manager is expected to work with significant autonomy simultaneously on several projects assigned. Individuals in this role must manage their time effectively to meet project deadlines while being able to be flexible enough to shift priorities to meet client needs. Building One provides services on projects across the United States. This position requires travel by airplane out of the region to visit project sites, which will include some overnight stays.
A little about us.
Building One is a construction consulting firm that provides technical expertise to architects, owners, investors, and contractors. We are primarily based in Denver, CO, but we have additional remote employees and our business is nationwide. We are a small company in which all our employees wear many hats. Much of our work is highly technical, and our employees regularly engage in research to improve our knowledge in a variety of construction and design subjects. Our culture is one of collaboration, intellectual curiosity, technical expertise, and integrity. We are a connected group that regularly engages socially while much of our staff continues to work remotely.
A little about you.
The Project Manager (Associate) position requires excellent understanding of building science and building codes. Candidates should have an interest in the “technical side” of architecture and a drive to understand all types of building systems. Lifelong learners will find excitement in our culture of regular knowledge sharing. While graphic skills are beneficial, this role does not involve design. Project Managers regularly produce written reports, so you need to enjoy technical writing. The ability to communicate effectively with contractors, developers, consultants, municipal officials, and project investor/equity partners is critical to the role. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
A little more detail.
Building One employs Project Managers with varying degree of specific field knowledge to manage specific project requirements. We provide a range of third-party consulting including expert level consulting services in the areas of building enclosure/waterproofing and accessibility. Building One typically contributes to projects through drawing review during the design process and by providing observation and reporting during construction. Some of the specific Project Manager responsibilities and assignments include, but are not limited to:
- pre-construction peer reviews and reporting,
- construction quality monitoring,
- construction project site visits and reporting,
- construction draw monitoring,
- OAC attendance and participation,
- owner representation in new, redevelopment and CIP projects,
- reserve studies,
- property condition assessments,
- accessibility or building envelope specific plan reviews and site visits,
- project management,
- other miscellaneous consulting projects completed by company.
Building One works on projects nationwide. To perform site observation visits, this position could require as much as 40% of work to occur outside the region. Plane travel and overnight stays paid for by the company should be expected to occur on a regular basis. Project Managers will arrange for their own travel within company guidelines. Regular driving to project sites is common. The employee will wear company supplied personal protection equipment when on site.
- Minimum Position Requirements: (Please do not apply without all of the following qualifications.)
- Architectural or Engineering professional licensure, current, but not required to be in the state of Colorado.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in building design and/or construction.
- Strong written communication skills. (Authorship of reports in narrative format is required in this position.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients and coworkers in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to travel regularly for work.
- Ability to track multiple tasks on various timelines simultaneously while working largely autonomously to meet client needs.
Preferred Candidate Attributes: (Any/all of these are considered beneficial but not required.)
- Specific knowledge or experience in building enclosure systems including roofing, cladding, weather barrier, and above and below grade waterproofing.
- Specific knowledge or experience in accessible design.
- Additional certifications related to building enclosure, code compliance, accessibility, or project management.
- Experience in consulting work of a similar nature.
Starting annual salary commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your cover letter to describe how your unique abilities will fit with the team at Building One. Responses without cover letter will not be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make buildings better.