This job is no longer accepting applications.
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
You will work on tasks under the guidance of a Project Manager. This is an experienced Project Architect role. You will be working independently or in teams to develop architectural designs and carry them through construction documentation and contract administration. You will be assisting on complex and technical projects that incorporate sustainable initiatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- May assist in design from early conceptual studies on through to schematic development.
- Supports and/or leads project teams in development of design and design documentation.
- May assist in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Interprets and applies building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, and details.
- Leads the coordination of building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks.
- Leads the coordination of specs with construction documents.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Assists in site analysis, research of concept, benchmarks, typology, and precedents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge and application of accessibility codes and applicable building codes.
- Strong knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards is expected.
- Full understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- To conduct architectural site planning, space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- To develop architectural massing’s, site plans, floor plans, elevations, wall sections, and details.
- To check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- To participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production.
- To lead a team of other junior professionals through the process of creating full project design documentation.
- To engage in creative and critical thought.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material. To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written)
- Requires strong understanding of Revit and SketchUp preferred. Strong preference for understanding of Adobe Creative Suite.
Education and Experience
Professional degree in Architecture. Minimum of 7 years of experience. Architectural license and LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Your application has been successfully submitted.