Healthcare Project Architect
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Independently solves problems encountered. Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions. Will perform assignments under the direction of a Project Manager; however, will be responsible for design and technical aspects of each project. Must provide architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large, complex projects.
- Quality control of the design function
- Prepare reports and bid documents, including drawings and technical specifications
- Meet the project design schedule and design construction budgets
- Maintain contact with the Client, and keep the team appraised of design development as well as any decisions which may affect the design schedule, design budget or construction budget
- Attend all design meetings
- Review contractor submittals
- Provide potential solutions for design challenges
- Monitor site activity for any potential unanticipated adverse effects, prepare site visit reports and develop responses to request for information
- Provide Healthcare Principal/Project Manager with regular updates on status, issues, or challenges
- Act as liaison between contractors and other team members as necessary to facilitate proactive, creative solutions
- Maintains project records
- An accredited degree in Architecture; licensed (preferred)
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Experience in Healthcare design and construction administration
- Experience in the development of proposals
- The willingness to work as a team member and assist other Studios as necessary; the ability and desire to mentor young design professionals
- Proficient in Revit with a working knowledge of Sketch Up, AutoCAD and Construction Administration software (Newforma preferred)
- Must be able and willing to travel outside of local area to attend meetings at various sites
- High levels of activity and productivity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to clearly convey information and ideas verbally and graphically
- The ability to quickly grasp new concepts
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position, Treanor reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.