Project Architect - (165234)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Architect, we'll count on you to:
• Lead a multidiscipline team and perform layout and detailing on architectural projects
• Independently coordinate work of a multidiscipline team through multiple phases of a project
• Establish owner/client and internal meetings, and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
• Conduct work sessions at project site in conjunction with Project Manager and other disciplines
• Coordinate workload of team members through multiple phases to complete documents on schedule
• Review architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
• Perform QA/QC and technical reviews
• Write and edit architectural specifications
• Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, CPRs and change orders
• Incorporate agreed-upon changes into project documents
• Lead projects in a dual management role as needed
• Provide construction contract administration as needed
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture or closely related field
• 5+ years experience
• Registered Architect
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
• Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
• Must have experience in preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications
• Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Candidates shall submit a PDF portfolio (10mb or less) that helps to illustrate their design and work experience.
• Master's degree in Architecture
• Experience in the areas of healthcare, educational, civic, science and research facilities
• Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max but not required.
• Rhino and Grasshopper experience
• Preference given to local candidates
Benefits and Compensation:
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success; which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The anticipated starting pay range for this position is $80,000 -$95,000 annually and may be more or less depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.
Your application has been successfully submitted.