Project Architect/Project Manager, K-12 Education
This job is no longer accepting applications.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is appealing, you're at the right place.
DLR Group has an opening for a Project Architect/Project Manager for the K-12 Education practice.
Location: Denver, CO
Denver is one of the fastest-growing big cities, and so are our K-12 and Higher Education teams! As a Senior Project Architect at DLR Group, you will be a part of a team that focuses on creating impactful educational spaces that foster student engagement! One of our goals is that our work results in enhancing student outcomes.
As a Project Architect/Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of project document development and team coordination. You will partner directly with the Project Manager to ensure the financial health of the project, the quality of project documents, claim prevention, team collaboration and communication. Additionally, you will lead the cross-functional design disciplines in developing technical solutions.
You would join an innovative team leading the industry in research-based design. At DLR Group, our integrated design teams create buildings that elevate the human experience through design!
The successful candidate will
- Have a comprehensive understanding of, and the ability to coordinate and lead, the design disciplines to support great design.
- Have knowledge of all aspects of professional practice from schematic design through project close-out.
- Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment.
- Possess a high level of technical proficiency in the production of drawings.
- Work directly with Project Managers and Designers in the conceptual development of project documents.
- Be a leader of the in-house team, coordinating with engineers, interior designers, the PM and consultants.
- Robust understanding of practice standards and interconnectivity of the design + bidding documents
- Demonstrated educational portfolio of K-12 and/or higher education
- Ability to work with a team and demonstrate both technical and design aptitude in the development of the design.
- Ability to understand building and planning codes.
- Licensed Architect.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Architect.
- 3-5 years of experience on K-12 or Higher Education projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related field.
- Proficient in the use of REVIT and CAD computer modeling and Sketchup software.
- The ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks.
- Licensed Architect in Colorado
Our comprehensive Benefits at DLR Group include: medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, employee stock ownership, bonus opportunities.
Compensation considerations are based on location, experience, and skills the potential pay range for this role is $95,000- $120,000.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new construction, renovation, and adaptive reuse. Our promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group is 100 percent employee-owned and fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Elevate the Human Experience Through Design