This job is no longer accepting applications.
Pel-Ona Architects & Urbanists is seeking an Architectural Associate (32/hrs week)!
Our firm offers services of architecture, urban design, master planning, and the crafting of development codes. We believe that our individual lifestyles and our global environment can benefit from compact, walkable, mixed-use, mixed-income and transit-oriented communities. We focus on urbanism with timeless values and sustainable living, at the regional and national scales. Our wide range of experience enables us to quickly develop community plans that combine climate sensitive site planning solutions with diverse building prototypes.
We work closely with development and construction teams building neighborhoods in the mountains and the Denver metro area. We are looking for a candidate with a willingness to learn, that can create construction documents for single family, duplex, townhouse, apartment and mixed-use buildings and has the organizational skills to coordinate consultants.
Candidates should have knowledge and experience of construction techniques, be comfortable working on multiple projects at one time, be detail-oriented, and have excellent communication and organizational skills. Strong skills in AutoCAD are required, as well as experience in Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp. The ideal candidate will thrive in a close and friendly working environment and be flexible enough to enjoy the range of responsibilities that come with working for a small firm.
After 3 months of employment, Pel-Ona Architects & Urbanists offers Health Insurance to all employees, covers the cost of the premiums, and offers participation in a Simple IRA plan with matching contributions.
• Be familiar with local construction techniques.
• Exercise quality control of drawings and designs.
• Communicate and manage interaction with clients, contractors, and collaborating designers.
• Have strong skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
• Be familiar with the goals and principles of New Urbanism.
• Have a degree in architecture.
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND PORTFOLIO.
Visit www.pel-ona.com for more information about our firm.
Full-time is 32 hours a week, Monday through Thursday
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
We adhere to CDC's recommendations.
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
• Sketchup: 1 year (Required)
• Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Required)
• Adobe InDesign: 1 year (Required)
• One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.