Project Architect or Architectural Designer
We are looking for a well‐rounded architect or architectural designer who is excellent in conceptual design, technical detailing, and all aspects of project management and client contact. Experience is less important than intelligence, creativity, ability, efficiency, and being a good listener and communicator. We expect you are passionate about design, sustainability, collaboration, and other important issues that shape our work and communities.
- Conceptual, Schematic, and Design Development presentations.
- Selection and presentation of finishes, equipment, color palette, and lighting.
- Work with clients and other decision-makers in the project, as well as consultant coordination.
- Develop relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Overseeing the design process and ensuring that the design meets the client and Principal’s expectations.
- Production and coordination of Construction and ID Guideline Drawing Sets and Specifications.
- Resolve complex design and technical issues, on and off-site.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field from an accredited school. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3 to 10 years of design experience (residential, commercial, hospitality experience preferred).
- Excellence in conceptual design and technical detailing.
- Strong proficiency in Revit and SketchUp.
- Ability in other rendering software programs such as V-Ray or Enscape is desirable.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building structures, code zoning, and other jurisdictional requirements.
- Working knowledge of finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications.
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Demonstrates a desire for continuing education, staying relevant in industry news, etc.
Arcadea Architecture is a successful, design-oriented architecture and interior design studio in downtown Boulder, Colorado. We design beautifully crafted and finely detailed custom homes, commercial interiors, and a variety of other work, such as small to mid-scale commercial buildings and multi-family projects.
Our structure is to work collaboratively as a studio, with each person working with the team and running two to four projects at a time. Less experienced members may start out supporting the others and take on increasing responsibility over time. We excel at delivering simple, functional, and clean modern designs. Flexibility and adaptability to other stylistic approaches are also important in our work.
We are a firm of 6. We pride ourselves on having an even workflow and a healthy work / life balance. Most of us work remotely part of the time.
Our three main goals: Provide great, personalized service to clients and the community; Produce clear, meaningful design and be recognized as one of the top design firms in the region; Create a rewarding, fun, collaborative, and highly efficient office culture.
Our salaries are in line with the AIA compensation report. We offer annually: 10 days of vacation, 5 days of sick leave, 11 holidays, and annual bonuses. We provide health insurance and a profit-sharing plan with 2% employer contributions.
Please send a personalized cover letter, resume, and electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. And please let us know how you heard about us and where you found our job posting.
Your application has been successfully submitted.