Urban Designer-Job Captain (3-6 years)
Tryba Architects is a nationally recognized architecture firm specializing in the full integration of architecture, interior design, urban design historic preservation, landscape architecture and planning. Throughout the firm’s 34-year history we have earned a national reputation for shaping and reshaping urban structures and systems into special places. Our practice is driven by a commitment to our clients to collaborate in crafting detailed buildings and spaces intimately connected to function, people, nature, and the urban environment. We work nationally from offices in Denver and Fort Worth.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Urban Design/ Planning Graduate or Intern Architect with 3-6 years’ experience with urban design and master planning projects to work on a variety of large local and national mixed-use projects. Ideal candidates possess a strong design portfolio and are proficient with CAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Suite; REVIT, Rhino and 3DS Max knowledge a plus.
- Strong design creativity and technical proficiency
- Previous experience working on urban development projects, including design and collateral for project vision and values; site planning and programming; urban design guidelines; interface with city agencies and general understanding of planning/entitlement processes.
- Excellent communication skills – collaborating directly with partners of the firm during all phases of design and drawing production.
- Familiarity with sustainable design concepts and the LEED rating system
- Motivated to develop and sustain personal and professional relationships with the firm’s officers, principals and staff allowing for open interaction, honest dialogue and productive feedback. From these interactions, able to give to others and gain from others a sense of strength, personal, and professional growth and enjoyment.
- Graduate or professional degree from an accredited school of Architecture or Urban Design
- 3 years of Professional Experience minimum
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Knowledge of managing budgets, schedules, and communication with clients and consultants.
- Multi-tasking/time management skills: the ability to work on several projects at the same time in a production role.
Our award-winning work is widely recognized for transforming buildings and sites into active, human-scaled, vibrant and timeless places. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits and a rewarding work environment. If you meet the qualifications above and are passionate about pursuing architectural and urban design excellence, providing exemplary client service, and working on transformational projects, please forward your resume and excerpt from portfolio that best represents your design work, in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration, please include “Urban Design Professional – Job Captain” in the subject and include where you saw this opportunity posted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.