JOB CAPTAIN / ARCHITECT 1
WE IMPROVE LIVES BY DESIGN.
OUR DESIGN PROCESS BEGINS WITH LISTENING AND RESEARCH. OUR BEST WORK COMES FROM COLLABORATING WITH OUR CLIENTS. OUR PROMISE IS TO GUIDE YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. OUR DESIGNS ARE MEANINGFUL AND HAVE THE POWER TO IMPROVE LIVES.
Committed to being relentless explorers, we bring an adventurous spirit to all our projects, treating each as a great opportunity to create something different, something special, and something truly transformative.
Our creative design process integrates the client every step of the way. From the beginning, we listen to you to understand your vision and together we define your story. From dream to reality, we turn storytelling into rich architectural spaces. During our partnership, we foster constant communication to guide you through the project process, leading with our experience.
For over 37 years, we have provided our clients with superior design services that add tremendous value to their business. Our successful collaborations across North America have enabled us to grow our portfolio of diverse projects, including public buildings, large-scale office buildings, single family residential homes, chef-driven restaurants, and a mix of different types of retail spaces.
The Job Captain is a project lead or lead architect that oversees a team of architects and/or designers working on an architectural project. They ensure that the team stays on schedule and executes schematics that conform to the requirements of the project leader or designer. The job captain works as an architect and participates in the creation of drawings. In their supervisory role, the job captain also reviews the drawings of the rest of the architectural team, suggests revisions, and has other draftsmen update designs on those suggestions.
The job captain also presents drawings and designs to the project lead and clients for review. They receive suggestions and feedback on the work performed and then takes any necessary revisions back to the team to be executed. The job captain is also expected to ensure that work is completed on schedule and adheres to all budgetary constraints.
Key duties include:
· Contribute to the firm to attain the firm’s goals relative to design, technical and management excellence.
· Assisting other architects/designers in the office relative to design, development, construction drawings and construction.
· Utilize strong organizational and time management techniques.
· Assistance on multiple projects.
· Organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
· Concentration on the use of design tools sketching, diagramming, 3d generated drawings (hand and computer generated).
· Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Sketch-up, graphic models, researching products, gathering samples and meeting minutes.
· Consultant and client communications.
· Participate in all phases of the profession including: programming through construction administration, quality control and quality assurance.
· Meet all project team deadlines and milestones.
Qualified candidates will have:
· Five or more years of experience
· Licensed Architect
· Must communicate effectively
· Expert technical, detail and constructability skills
· Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and work well with a variety of staff
· Demonstrate experience working on all phases of a project
· Attain the firm’s goals relative to design, technical and management excellence
· Required to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Able to work independently as well as interact with the team
· Ability to efficiently operate Revit and Sketch Up
Expected Hours of Work:
· Full time Position
· Hours per week – Our expectation is that all work is completed within a 40 hour work week and it is the responsibility of the individual to spend as much time as is required to do a quality job within fee, budget and schedule parameters.
· Work week – Office hours for this position is 8am to 5pm - Monday thru Friday or Monday thru Thursday, 80 hours per two weeks. Every other Friday is an off day unless you have a specific deadline or work that needs to be completed. It is up to each employee to manage their time and work accordingly.
What We Offer:
· Employees are eligible to accrue PTO as of their first day of employment. PTO is available for use immediately upon accrual.
· AIA membership is paid for by the office with the requirement that you will be an active and participating member of one or more of the committees.
· The firm will provide an ECO pass (RTD bus pass) for your daily commute to and from the office.
· Health – 100% Covered,
· Vision – 50% Covered
· Dental Insurance – 50% Covered
· Retirement plan
· Paid Holidays off: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & day after, Christmas Day, New Years Day
Salary Range $56,000 - $75,000
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team?
Please apply today by visiting our website and emailing your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
WE IMPROVE LIVES BY DESIGN