Project Manager (licensed or unlicensed)
Amundsen Associates is a Casper, Wyoming firm looking to grow. We have a number of projects on the board and more on the way. Seeking motivated, self-starting, goal-oriented team players eager to learn all types of architecture. Our team seeks individuals for the following position: Project Manager. Potential partnership track for those interested in future company ownership.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a small, collaborative team and sharing their talent and experience. Candidates familiar with Wyoming and/or the Rocky Mountain Region preferred, but not required.
Amundsen Associates is a small firm where staff work on all aspects of projects from start to finish. We do not specialize in any particular project type we design to meet the needs of our varied clients including: K-12 schools, high education, healthcare, performing arts, detention, commercial, fitness & recreation, residential, hospitality, bar/restaurants, and agricultural.
· Work in a small office environment where we share duties and responsibilities.
· Produce quality construction documents in an efficient manner. Take drawings from concept design through construction documents.
· Meet with clients, engineers, and contractors as needed to coordinate projects.
· Manage specific projects from concept design through construction administration.
· Use Revit to produce construction documents and as-built drawings (managing and developing Revit families is a plus.)
· Draw, design, and be productive with minimal direction (lay out floor plans, elevations, sections, details, door and window schedules, etc.)
· Plan daily activities to meet production requirements.
· Be flexible and work with numerous project teams to help in project completion.
· Must be experienced in REVIT and Microsoft Office; proficiency in Bluebeam, Photoshop, and rendering software (i.e. Enscape) is a plus.
· Minimum 4+ years of experience producing architectural drawings, however, we will consider all levels of experience from recent grad to seasoned professional.
· Ability to read and understand structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
· Ability to lay out architectural drawings from concept design drawings through construction documents is preferred.
· Strong communication, critical thinking, and graphic skills.
Soft Skill Requirements:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving
· Sense of ownership and responsibility
· Ability to juggle multiple projects
· Life Insurance
· A Simple IRA retirement plan where we match a portion of your contributions
· Personal Time Off (Combined vacation and sick time)
· Paid Holidays
· IDP/AXP fees are 100% paid
· Architectural Registration Examination testing fees 100% paid
· Annual end-of-year bonuses
· Great outdoor activities
· No state income tax
· Paid time for lunch-n-learns and AIA Wyoming conferences
· Occasional paid firm lunches whenever we feel like going out for lunch, as well as birthday lunches, etc.
· 5 day work week
· Friday afternoons off any week you complete 40 work hours before noon on Friday
· Business casual every day. (We wear jeans in Wyoming!)
· Ergonomic workstation with 2-monitor set up. Elevating workstation to allow sitting or standing while you work.
Casper is located in central Wyoming with a population of approximately 58,000 residents. Casper has a lot to offer with Hogadon Basin Ski Area, blue ribbon fly fishing, biking, hiking, boating, hunting, golf courses, concerts, mountain sports, rodeos, brew pubs, restaurants, the National Historic Trails Center, Nicolaysen Art Museum, and the Casper Events Center. Our central location is ideal for weekend trips to many rocky mountain locations. Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Denver, Deadwood, Big Horn Mountains, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Jackson Hole and much more. For longer trips you can hop on a plane about 15 minutes out of town at the Casper-Natrona County International Airport.
Amundsen Associates is a small architecture firm located in Casper, Wyoming. We have been providing architectural services for over 40 years. We are a small firm, allowing us to provide exceptional, personalized service to our clients whether serving as the Architect of Record on projects as small as a few thousand dollars or as large as multi-million dollar projects. We also have extensive experience serving as the Associate Architect, working for larger out of state firms, on projects with construction budgets up to one hundred million dollars.
Over the years, we have worked on many project types: Higher Education, Agricultural, K – 12, Commercial, Residential, Food Service, Health Care, Detention, Hospitality and Retail. At Amundsen Associates we specialize in listening to our clients’ needs and designing facilities to meet those needs rather than specializing in a single project type.
We have worked with diverse groups of clients and contractors on all types of projects, striving every day to develop long-lasting, meaningful relationships with all those involved in the successful development of our projects. Most our work comes from return clients who are very satisfied year after year with the success of their projects. We are proud of the work we have accomplished all around the State of Wyoming. With our centrally located office we can cover all corners of Wyoming and everywhere in between. We are currently licensed in Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah and Michigan.
Your application has been successfully submitted.