Architectural Project Manager
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsible places we design. Join us in bringing transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future. We welcome your energy!
The Project Manager / Project Architect is a licensed professional that can be called on to alternate between the responsibility for project performance in terms of profit, quality, and client satisfaction. And the responsibility of developing architectural designs and carrying them through construction documentation and contract administration. The role primarily involves management of the internal team and external consultants while working with the principal in charge in interfacing with the client. The Project Manager / Project Architect is expected to have broad experience and knowledge. This is a leadership role that requires oversight, guidance and mentoring of others.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with complex tasks on medium to large size projects.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and directing the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Ser project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Manage the client and project team to ensure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assist the Project Principal and Stantec Legal team in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Manage the project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentor Assistant Project Managers and junior project architect while motivating project teams.
- Assure that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Lead project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manage and track change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Oversee preparation of documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details, models, and renderings.
- Oversee selection of building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation.
- Conduct field observation acting as an agent of the client and report progress of construction to the client.
- Determine staffing needs and recommend personnel
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal’s in Charge on multiple projects.
- Understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Takes direction well, however, proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Effective communicator.
- Detailed knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp
- Ability to oversee development of building documentation in modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule
- Ability to travel up to 10% is desired
Education and Experience
Professionally accredited degree in Architecture. Professional Architectural license is required, minimum 10 years’ experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. A mix of remote, work from home and in-office working conditions are to be expected for this role.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Your application has been successfully submitted.