Senior Project Architect
You will work on tasks under the guidance of a Senior Architect and Project Manager. This is an intermediate level Project Architect/Contract Administration role. You will be working independently or in teams to administer construction phase tasks on one or more ongoing projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project teams in construction/ contract administration.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Interprets and applies building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, and details.
- Coordinates building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks.
- Coordination of specs with construction documents.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong history working on construction administration projects
- Strong problem-solving skills
- History of working on complicated renovations and adaptive re-use project
- Knowledge of high-rise codes and concerns
- Demonstrated ability to represent our clients while working well with General Contractors
- Strong communication skills with internal teams, client, and General Contractor alike
- Understanding of cost implications of architectural and systems changes and decisions.
- Strong knowledge and application of accessibility codes and applicable building codes.
- Strong knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards is expected.
- Full understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability To:
- Check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production and contract/ construction administration
- Engage in creative and critical thought.
- Hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material. To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written)
- Requires strong understanding of Revit, Bluebeam. Knowledge of Newforma preferred.
Education and Experience
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Architectural license required
- LEED AP preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.