Senior Project Architect
You will work on tasks under the guidance of a Senior Architect and Project Manager. This is an intermediate level Project Architect/Contract Administration role. You will be working independently or in teams to administer construction phase tasks on one or more ongoing projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project teams in construction/ contract administration.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Interprets and applies building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, and details.
- Coordinates building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks.
- Coordination of specs with construction documents.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong history working on construction administration projects
- Strong problem-solving skills
- History of working on complicated renovations and adaptive re-use project
- Knowledge of high-rise codes and concerns
- Demonstrated ability to represent our clients while working well with General Contractors
- Strong communication skills with internal teams, client, and General Contractor alike
- Understanding of cost implications of architectural and systems changes and decisions.
- Strong knowledge and application of accessibility codes and applicable building codes.
- Strong knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards is expected.
- Full understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability To:
- Check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production and contract/ construction administration
- Engage in creative and critical thought.
- Hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material. To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written)
- Requires strong understanding of Revit, Bluebeam. Knowledge of Newforma preferred.
Education and Experience
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Architectural license required
- LEED AP preferred
You are eligible to participate in the Stantec benefits plan if you’re an active Stantec employee working at least 20 hours per week in an eligible staff type category. All employees, regardless of age, can participate and receive the Stantec match in the 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Your application has been successfully submitted.