Project Architect / Lead Designer (8+ Years)
Established in 2006, DAJ DESIGN is a small architectural design studio with an office in downtown Louisville, Colorado between Denver and Boulder and near the foothills of the Rockies. We create designs that resonate with their place and purpose, and provide new insight into their surrounding physical and cultural contexts.
DAJ DESIGN is recognized locally and regionally for its diverse portfolio in high-end residential new construction and remodel work, residential and small commercial interior design, creative commercial places & spaces, as well as its contemporary interpretation on historic building renovations and additions.
PROJECT MANAGER: Our ideal candidate is someone who is committed to a collaborative design approach, able to manage multiple projects with different team members, and comfortable working with sometimes demanding deadlines. Above all, the candidate should seek to join a team that is committed to creating beautiful and meaningful work.
- Strong interpersonal spoken and written skills
- Positive and motivating attitude
- Strong client relationship skills and manages client expectations on each individual project.
- Ability to organize and maintain schedules
- Complete billing and project tracking on a monthly basis for each individual project
- Adaptability to changing dynamics of a small office
- Participates in conceptual design through construction administration and manages individual projects through the entire project.
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures (i.e. CAD standards, Revit families, schedule tracking advancements, etc.)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture (or similar degree)
- Minimum 8 years full-time experience through all phases of design & construction, including design, detailing, documentation, and client relationship management
- Proven track record in managing projects and people
- Prior experience tracking time, project budgets, and client billing.
- Experience with start-to-finish design and construction on high-end residential, tenant finish, commercial, and development projects
- Proficient in Revit (mandatory), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Slack, Excel
- U.S. citizen or hold valid work visa (provide visa type & duration)
- On track for professional licensure.
- Full Health Coverage
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off (2-4 weeks per year)
- 6 federal holidays + extra days depending on holiday timing
- Simple IRA with employee match
- Prefer in office working, however we can discuss the ability to occasionally work from home or remotely
- Opportunities for growth
- Starting salary $90,000
Please send resumes and work sample attachments (no links, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Project Architect—DAJ’ in the subject line. Work submitted must include design examples solely by the candidate as well as other professional work samples. Limit file size to 25MB. Please include a schedule of availability for an initial interview call and to start work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating designs that resonate with their place and purpose and provide new insight into their surrounding physical and cultural contexts.