Architectural Project Manager
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking a talented and highly motivated Architectural Project Manager for immediate employment in our Denver, Colorado office. The Architectural Project Manager will work with studio leadership and project teams to help guide and manage projects in all phases of design. Active engagement and support of our collaborative and iterative design process is essential, along with the desire to seek innovative design solutions while providing unique perspectives on the built environment.
The successful candidate will be proactive with strong verbal, organizational and technical skills to effectively manage architectural design teams as well as engineering design professionals while interfacing with clients. The primary market sectors served from the Denver office include: Federal, Civic, Municipal, Higher Education and Mission Critical.
This is an opportunity to apply your talents to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects in an environment committed to excellence in innovation, technical quality and client service.
The Architectural Project Manager will manage projects from conceptual design phase through completion of construction, and in some instances into construction administration. In this role, the Architectural Project Manager leads teams of architects, designers and engineers while meeting with clients to develop and execute mid- to large-scale projects according to schedule and budgets. This position balances active architectural duties with a leadership role in both managing and technical design of building plans while overseeing project teams during the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for providing architectural guidance, calculations, analysis, studies and recommendations for a specialized segment of the Architectural Discipline within the schedules and budget of an assigned project.
- May manage various size groups of architects, designers and/or specialists.
- Provide architectural leadership on complex projects.
- Lead the development of contract documents through all phases of design (SD, DD, CD)
- Prepare architectural plans, elevations, sections, details, and specifications
- Coordinate and lead quality control reviews of contract documents prior to issuance to client
- Coordinate internal AECOM and external A/E disciplines for successful outcomes during construction
- Coordinate and attend design reviews with clients, project managers, and municipal agencies
- Validate design decisions based on cost analysis with an understanding of logistics and procurement efficiencies
- Evaluate contractor’s progress during construction and provide recommendations
- Stay current with new design software developments (i.e., BIM, Revit, Autodesk 360, Bluebeam, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Apply creative design thinking to client’s business problems to help maximize value of AECOM’s service to the client
- Collaborate with AECOM regional leadership to help develop and garner greater design focus, methodologies, process, and technical excellence
- Accredited Architectural degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) and +4 years of experience with an architectural firm or related field
- Must be a Licensed Architect
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required
- Ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of professional experience with an architectural firm
- Strong technical skills related to planning, architectural design and detailing
- Experience coordinating work with a variety of disciplines: civil, landscape, and MEPS
- Diversified knowledge of architectural principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- Past project management experience leading small to mid-sized teams
- Federal, higher education, and/or corporate project experience strongly desired
- Strong project management skills with thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, budgets, and the relationship to project profitability
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in 3D modeling software: Revit, BIM360, Sketchup and/or Rhino
- Excellent communication skills with peers, clients and contractors
- Ability to mentor and lead junior staff
- Experience with construction administration and permitting processes
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to be client facing, lead client discussions and charrettes
- LEED Accreditation or Well Certification and interest in sustainable design
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $93,600-$104,000.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: B&P - Buildings & Places
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delivering a better world