Job Captain, 5-10 YRS. EXP.
Looking for a change of scenery? CCY Architects is seeking a talented and passionate Job Captain to join our collaborative culture in the Rocky Mountains! We are a creative, nimble, 40-plus-person firm, based in Basalt, Colorado (20 minute drive from Aspen).
A Job Captain at CCY produces design and production documents and is expected to provide knowledgeable input on a range of project elements. The Job Captain must demonstrate an understanding of the construction industry and have a developing discernment of exemplary architectural design and an appropriate level of documentation. They must demonstrate the ability to produce portions of the work (design sketches and graphics, construction documents and details, etc.) with sufficient competence to assume direct responsibility for accuracy and quality. The candidate must interact effectively with the project team and be able to generate visual and functional design. Limited client contact is anticipated. The Job Captain will set their own personal goals and request tasks to broaden their experience.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work in a team environment
- Exemplary organizational and leadership skills
- Exceptionally strong design and graphic abilities
- Work in close collaboration with Project Manager
- Creation of renderings, walk-throughs, and other presentation materials
- Development of elevations, sections, details, and schedules
- Coordination of work with engineers and other consultants
- Construction phase responsibilities, including submittal and RFI reviews and site visits
- Quality Assurance
- Develop technical specifications for sustainability goals
- Sustainability administration - duties for both design and construction contracts spanning from credit inception through documentation, including reports, tracking updates and submittals
Compensation + Benefits:
CCY Architects offers multiple benefits and compensation to our full-time employees. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance: Paid 100% of premium.
- Vision and Dental Paid at 65% of premium.
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness/Athletic Reimbursement
- 5-10 years of applied professional work experience
- An NAAB accredited professional degree in architecture
- An understanding of how to put a full set of documents together
- Exceptionally strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience with consultant management and coordination between scopes
- Extensive detailing experience
- REVIT literacy is required
- Fluent in Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, and both hand and digital sketching and rendering techniques
- Working technical knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
For consideration, email your cover letter, resume and examples of work (as a single PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: Job Captain
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting people, nature, and community through inspired design