Client Leader (Architect) - Justice + Civic
We are an integrated design firm with a promise to elevate the human experience through design. This fuels the work we do around the world and inspires our mission to improve the lives of our clients, our communities, and our planet. If this sparks your interest, you’re in the right place.
As a Client Leader at DLR Group you will be responsible for leading client engagement from marketing through the construction phase for our Justice + Civic Sector in Colorado. If you are a collaborative thoughtful leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their creative and financial acumen to grow the Firm culture and profitably.
Location: Denver, CO (Hybrid). We operate within a hybrid work model, supporting flexibility between office time and work from home.
You'll be responsible for developing new clients, managing and leading contract negotiations and educating the client on our design process. In addition, you'll partner with project managers to ensure the financial health and successful execution of projects and maintain close contact with clients during the duration of their project.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess the proven ability for developing meaningful professional relationships to develop new business and secure new clients. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, analytical thinking, relationship development techniques, and business development processes.
- Attend industry events, business development events, interviews, and client meetings.
- Be a collaborative leader who can work with a wide spectrum of personalities and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and strong communication and prioritization skills.
- Be a growth agent in the designated sector in collaboration with other leaders and business development professionals.
- Provide thought leadership internally within the firm as well as externally with clients and the Justice + Civic sector.
- Have the ability to communicate a design solution in a confident yet thoughtful manner.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Ensure all DLR Group design processes and standards are followed during the duration of the project.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to develop and adhere to the work plan and project schedule.
- Ensure timely processing of invoices and engage clients for prompt payment.
- Mentor team members and participate in hiring, training, and onboarding of new staff.
- Be sharing, self-motivated, positive, flexible, and lead by example.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills.
- Participate in office culture events, activities, and in-house training to further develop skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect
- Demonstrated experience in a client facing role for multiple Government projects.
- 12+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Client Leader
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere and across multiple offices.
- Outstanding communication, and interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player.
- Strong leadership skills with design teams, clients, and projects.
- Ability to travel as the team and projects require
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for visa or residency
- AIA, CID, NCIDQ or equivalent certifications. LEED accreditation a plus.
- 2 or more years of experience in Business Development or Client Leader role.
- 1 or more significant-completed Government project of scale – ground-up, repurposed, or renovation – in a major metropolitan area within the last 3 years.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new builds, renovations, and adaptive reuse projects.
We are 100% employee-owned: every employee is literally invested in our clients’ success. At the core of our firm are interdisciplinary teams engaged in every step of project lifecycles. Our teams champion true collaboration, open information sharing, shared risk and reward, value-based decision making, and proficient use of technology to deliver exceptional design. We are pursuing the goals of the 2030 Challenge, the ME2040, and the SE2050, and are an initial signatory of the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Our comprehensive Benefits at DLR Group include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Wellness Programs, Flex Spending, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off. We also offer 401k, Employee Stock Ownership, and bonus opportunities. Compensation considerations are based on location, experience, and skills. The potential pay range for this role is $95,000 - $120,000.
Through our values – commitment, creativity, environmental stewardship, fun, integrity, ownership, sharing, teamwork – we elevate the human experience through design, together.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Your application has been successfully submitted.