Job Captain/Project Coordinator
Do you love architecture? (It’s a big ask some days, but do you love it more days than you don’t?) If you love the profession and care about what you do, if you’re curious, funny, and willingly laugh at dad jokes, we should talk. Are you balanced, well-adjusted, nice, and enjoy doing good work with good people? Do you have interests outside architecture? (One of us sews dragons in our spare time. Seriously.) If this sounds a bit like you - or at least the dad joke part - you might be a good fit for Arrow B Architecture.
We’re a respected, architecture and interior design firm in the DTC with an outsized impact for our size. We’re looking for a new team member who gets Arrow B’s vibe, how we work, and how we treat people. We specialize in brewery, restaurant, hospitality, commercial renovation/repositions, and for the right clients, residential. We’re puzzle- and problem-solvers who care about HOW we do our job. And we care equally about and how we treat our employees, clients, GCs, reps, engineers, city officials…everyone in our ecosystem. It’s important to us - our work environment, and the work itself, are better for it.
Ideally, we are looking for project coordinator/job captain level of experience with 3-5 years’ experience on commercial projects. AutoCAD proficiency preferred. Do you have REVIT proficiency? No worries, we’ll make it work for the right person. It’s truly about fit for us. Come in, have a great conversation with us about who you are in your professional journey and where you’re headed. We’d love to talk to you about whether Arrow B Architecture is the right next step for you.
Job description - We're a small firm, so we all do a bit of everything. But depending on the employee experience and skillset, you can expect the following responsibilities:
- Pleasant, respectful, and professional communication internally and with everyone with whom we interface
- Organized and clear communication in written and drawing form
- Adherence to office standards
- Resilience and flexibility in working with all sorts of people, personalities, etc.
- Collaboration and exposure in all phases (will vary by project)
- Production and coordination of drawings/documents in all phases
- Project visualization, if applicable (Sketch-up preferred)
- Coordination of project submittals to reviewing entities
- Project communications and files/standards management
- Client engagement and site visits (will vary by project)
- Assistance in construction phase services including coordination and support in the review of shop submittals, RFIs, etc.
- Shared duties in answering phones, occasional administrative/overhead duties, and helping keep the plants alive
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow, engage, and ask questions
- Understanding this is a collaborative and mutually supportive environment
- Occasional music selection (unless your taste in music isn't any good)
- Close to light rail (Arapahoe Station/Fiddler's Green)
- Free parking
- Dog friendly office
- Six paid holidays and paid sick days
- 401k (or Roth) with Employer match to 4%
- Employer provided Health benefits, including dental. Individual premiums covered by Arrow B
- PTO for licensure exams
- This is a FT in-office position, however there is flexibility for work from home on a case by case basis
- Respect for personal time/space and reasonable work hours
- Free dad jokes
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Arrow B Architecture
Boutique architecture and interior design